The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) awarded 17 companies on the six-year, $5 billion RMADA 2.0 contract. RMADA 2.0 is the second iteration of the Research, Measurement, Assessment, Design and Analysis IDIQ for data and research services to support federal health care programs.
Awardees will assist CMS design, implement and operate models authorized under the Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act (ACA) and other health reform laws.
The umbrella analytic and technical services contract has both commercial business and nonprofit awardees. These companies will develop new models, learning networks, surveys and additional data collection techniques from both government and private sources.
Types of Task Orders Expected on RMADA 2.0:
- Supporting all aspects of model design, implementation and operations (not including IT design, application and security)
- Conducting programmatic technical, and environmental analysis
- Assisting with application development and review of model participants / applicants
- Monitoring of model site’s and participant’s progress
- Creating and performing surveys and other primary data collection activity
- Obtaining and analyzing secondary data sources including data regarding Medicare, Medicaid, and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and data from private payer sources needed to support model design, operations and evaluations
- Reporting on formative and summative analysis
- Providing rapid cycle evaluation feedback to CMS and/or model participants
- Implementing learning systems to support accelerated learning and improvement and dissemination of promising practices
- Creating summary reports of annual and final program findings
The awardees are:
- Abt Associates
- Actuarial Research Corp.
- American Institutes for Research
- Arbor Research Collaborative for Health
- Booz Allen Hamilton (NYSE: BAH)
- Deloitte Consulting
- General Dynamics’ (NYSE: GD) information technology unit
- IBM’ (NYSE: IBM) Watson Health business
- Impaq International
- Mathematica Policy Research
- NORC at the University of Chicago
- RAND Corp.
- RELI Group
- RTI International
- The Lewin Group
The original RMADA IDIQ was valued at $7 Billion over a 5-year period and had 15 awardees. If you’d like to learn more about RMADA or RMADA 2.0, please click here if you are signed in to your EZGovOpps account or get started with a free 5-day trial today.